25 Ways to Monitor and Measure Your Online Influence and Reputation
By Holly Reisem Hanna
I have to admit, I am a little bit of a geek when it comes to monitoring my stats and online influence. In fact, I think most bloggers tend to be a little on the obsessive side when it comes to monitoring.
But whether you’re a blogger, social media enthusiast, small business owner, or job seeker you should be monitoring your online presence and here’s why.
Monitoring your online presence, influence and reputation is important because:
- Potential employers are searching for information on you – what will they find?
- Site analysis is especially important for your business, because it lets you know where your marketing efforts are paying off, and it can save you a lot of time and money in the long run.
- If you’re selling advertising or social media promotion – companies want to know how influential you are – hence you can improve your overall standing by working on areas that need attention.
- You can avoid PR disasters by monitoring what people are saying about you and your brand.
To get started monitoring your online presence try out these tools below – and let me warn you, it’s slightly addictive!
General Visibility Monitoring:
1. Google – Yes, Google yourself!
Website and Blog Monitoring:
6. Cube Stat
7. Peek Stats
11. Blog Digger
13. Ice Rocket
Social Media Footprint:
17. Peer Index
18. Social Mention
19. How Sociable
21. Simply Measured
22. Twitter Grader
24. Tweet Reach
What are some of your favorite tools for monitoring and measuring your online presence?
This page includes affiliate links. Please be aware we only promote advertising from companies that we feel we can legitimately recommend to our readers. Please see our disclosure policy for further information.