40 Top Business Resources for Work at Home Women
By Holly Reisem Hanna
Did you know that women are starting small businesses at twice the rate of men? With flexible schedules, financial freedom, satisfying work, and more time to spend with your loved ones, it’s no wonder why women are jumping on the entrepreneurial bandwagon.
With this new surge of women entering the entrepreneurial ranks, it will be imperative to your success to keep up with the latest small business trends, news and strategies.
Here are 40 of the Top Business Resources for Work at Home Women – I hope this list will help you on your entrepreneurial journey.
1. Ali - for women entrepreneurs; the time is now to start or grow your own business!
2. Big Girl Branding – the place for entrepreneurs (and aspiring entrepreneurs) to come and sit a spell… learn a little something… and maybe experience a laugh or two.
3. Brazen Careerist – advice at the intersection of work and life.
4. Christian Moms Business Resource – a blog to help other moms start and promote their own small businesses from home.
5. Corporate Mom Dropouts – is designed for any mom who wants to work from home and raise their children, any Mom who wants to have the time and money to contribute to the support, of their children’s future and create a legacy.
6. CWAHM - resources to help women entrepreneurs find great work at home careers.
7. Entrepreneur Chic – your free home-based business, internet marketing and social media strategies resource.
8. Escape from Cubicle Nation – is a top career and marketing blog with advice on how to escape your job and pursue your passion.
9. Forbes Woman – the right arm of Forbes.com, Forbes Woman provides resources, articles and information geared toward women entrepreneurs.
10. Home-Based Working Moms - is a professional association and online community of parents who work at home and those who would like to. HBWM is an advocate for home employment & home business to allow parents to spend more time with their family.
11. Inc. – delivers advice, tools, and services, to help business owners and CEOs start, run, and grow their businesses more successfully.
12. Indie Biz Chicks – for women who’d rather work for themselves, than work for the man.
13. Indie Business Blog – leadership and personal development for small business owners.
14. Itty Biz – marketing for businesses without marketing departments.
15. Marie Forleo – where women entrepreneurs live rich, happy & hot.
16. Mom Invented – is a dynamic company comprised of three key elements: consumer products with the trademarked Mom Invented brand, an online community providing Information, Interaction & Inspiration, and educational offerings for women entrepreneurs.
17. Mompreneurs Online – a mom’s one stop work at home resource.
18. My Mompreneur – is dedicated to providing a community for mom entrepreneurs seeking sisterhood, professional growth, and work-life balance while remaining true to their values.
19. She Takes on the World – create your career and live your dreams.
20. Small Business Trends – is an award-winning online publication for small business owners, entrepreneurs and the people who interact with them.
21. Solo Entrepreneur – offers business strategies, marketing techniques and entrepreneurial advice from successful Solo Entrepreneur Experts – in a variety of virtual learning formats and schedules to fit your Solo Entrepreneur lifestyle!
22. Spark Plugging – work at home resources for home-based entrepreneurs.
23. Startup Princess - is an international network committed to Empowering Women Entrepreneurs by offering resources for women in business to support, mentor, collaborate, learn from, and inspire one another.
24. StartupNation – is a free service founded by entrepreneurs for entrepreneurs. We created this site to be your one-stop shop for entrepreneurial success, and we’re thrilled that StartupNation has grown to be the leading online content and community resource for entrepreneurs.
25. Succeed as Your Own Boss – tools and insights to help you launch and run a profitable small business.
26. The Barefoot Executive’s Blog – success strategies from work at home professionals.
27. The Business of Being a Mom – as mom business moguls, Mindee and Julie now share their entrepreneurial knowledge with other inventors and business owners through speaking engagements and media platforms.
28. The Entreprenette Gazette – learn from serial entrepreneur Sarah Shaw and put your million dollar idea to work.
29. The Mogul Mom – for moms running a business, raising a family and rocking both.
30. The Mom Entrepreneur – a company that offers tips, advice and resources for women struggling to balance motherhood and run a company.
31. The Rise to the Top – the #1 non-boring resource for building your business, smarter, faster and cheaper.
32. The Solopreneur Life – a blog with resources, solutions, encouragement and a community of fellow solo entrepreneurs.
33. The Work at Home Wife – home business solutions and internet marketing tactics.
34. Toilet Paper Entrepreneur – the source for first time entrepreneurs.
35. WAHM – the online magazine for work at home moms.
36. Woman Owned – small business resources for women in business.
37. Women Entrepreneur – the sister site to entrepreneur.com, women entrepreneur has articles, inspiration and news and events.
38. Women for Hire – offers a wide variety of career-related information and videos geared to working women, and an online job board that helps leading employers connect with top-notch professional women in all fields.
39. Women on Business – is the online destination for the news and information women need to be successful in the business world from today’s thought leaders.
40. Womenetics – is a global business platform combining online content and events that connects and inspires women to achieve success in their professional and personal lives.
I know there are numerous resources for women in business that did not make the list, if you have a favorite or are a publisher, feel free to add them below.