Register    Login    Forum    Search    FAQ

Board index » Work at Home Topics & Issues

Post subject: How do you handle work at home isolation and depression?
 Post Posted: November 15th, 2011, 11:31 am 
Site Admin

I recently wrote a post on how to overcome feelings of isolation when you’re working from home and I want to know...

How do you deal with work at home isolation and depression? Please share your tips below.

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/TheWorkatHomeWoman

Post subject: Re: How do you handle work at home isolation and depression?
 Post Posted: November 15th, 2011, 12:09 pm 

I honestly aspire to be a work at home mom! Seriously, I would love the opportunity to be able to be at home with my beautiful daughter and husband. Making such plans, I have looked at so many things to get out of that isolation, should I ever experience it. One I would suggest is meetup.com, in my area we have so many different catagories of meetups it is crazy. I simply find the ones that I am most interested in and meet those groups! It is a great way to capitilize on your time while helping you through such depressions.

Post Posted: November 28th, 2011, 9:36 pm 

For me, since getting out of the house by myself is difficult, it's forming relationships on community boards with like minded people. I take a little time to "check-out" of the business and interact with other people, even if it is only online. I only feel isolated when I don't have internet connection.

But scheduling face-to-face time is very important. So I try to have a girls time at least once a month. Also exercising helps with my moods and my weight (especially since I sit in front of the computer all day).

April

http://www.BuildingSuccess.info

Post Posted: December 9th, 2011, 11:47 am 

I agree with you April in that face to face connection is so important. As great as the internet is, I still need to see people. I love running in the park on the weekends and I'm surrounded by other runners. I've also just jointed a running group, yeah. Not only am I staying fit but I'm doing it with others.

I also make sure that I schedule time daily to take a quick walk even if it's 10 minutes, the fresh air does the body good!

Then there's my quarterly business mastermind live events. Also helps to see, talk and meet with other like minded individuals.

The big take-a-way is to find some activity that's important to you and schedule time to do it. Doesn't have to be BIG. Something as simple as a trip to the nail salon, or taking a neighbor walk, a cooking class, tea with a friend. Remember to take care of YOU.

Twitter: only1Golda

Post Posted: September 19th, 2012, 3:33 pm 

I'm a rather solitary person by nature, though I am married. I don't think it will bother me all that much. Though that comes from me when this is the first time it's been a reality. We will see how I feel in a few months.

Post Posted: February 13th, 2013, 11:34 am 

This is something I struggle with somewhat. I have my online relationships, but as far as person to person, I moved here four years ago and still know very few people on a friendly level.

Post Posted: March 14th, 2013, 9:25 am 

Hi All,

I find that scheduling in a run really helps me. Even though I am not that great or fast, just getting out in the fresh air reminds you that life is still going on ourside the house! I have worked from home for 18 months and it can get lonely. I have just discovered this website though, and its great to think there are loads of us 'work from home mums' out there and that we can share our views here.

Board index » Work at Home Topics & Issues