Learn How to Get Famous
By Holly Reisem Hanna
In the past, I’ve tried to do my own PR campaigns. I would write a press release, send it out on some of the free press release sites, and then also pay for it to go out on one of the larger PR sites, like PR Web. Along with this I would contact a few local media outlets by email with my press release.
And then I would wait. And wait. And wait.
I’d see a small spike in my traffic from the large press release site, but no bites from actual media outlets. And in all honestly, this was how I thought PR campaigns were done – you send out a press release and wait.
This year however, when The Work at Home Woman’s 2 year anniversary rolled around, I decided to hire a PR professional to try and secure some local and national media coverage for the site. While the campaign was very successful, it was also VERY EXPENSIVE and it didn’t receive the national exposure that I was hoping for.
Right after my anniversary PR campaign was finished, I received a copy of Heather Allard’s (The Mogul Mom), Get Famous, and all I can say is that I wish I would have had this when I was working on my PR campaign! Get Famous is 28 pages of pure, easy to understand information that is going to get you results.
The book teaches you one, how to write a pitch (not a press release) and gives you examples of real life pitches that have resulted in media coverage. Secondly, Heather gives you the media contact info (name, phone and email address) for 1,000’s of publications and shows. Ever heard of Oprah, Allure, or The Rachael Ray Show – they’re all in there!
So What Will You Learn in Get Famous?
- 5 Things You Should Know About Publicity
- 5 Things You Need To Seize Every Media Opportunity
- How To Tweet Your Way Famous
- 5 Terrific Tools To Monitor Media Wish List Opportunities On Twitter
- How To Help A Reporter and Help Yourself To Publicity
- How To Create 12 Months of Fame Using Editorial Calendars
- How To Pitch Perfect in 13 Steps
The thing I really liked about this e-book, is that Heather has been there, and she understands the unique challenges and dynamics that mom entrepreneurs face; such as small budgets and limited amounts of time. The e-book does come with a hefty price tag of $197, but what I will tell you is, this is just a small fraction of what I spent on hiring a PR Professional, and if you decide to purchase a media list, you’ll end up spending around the same amount.
So What Do You Get?
- Get Famous: The Power of a Publicist on a DIY Budget – a 28 Page e-Book
- A Media Pitch Tracking Sheet
- 44 – 2011 Editorial Calendars from Top Publications to Fast Track Your Publicity Efforts
- 75 Twitter Handles of Magazines on Twitter so You Can Tweet Your Way to Fast Fame
- 2,000+ Media Contacts from Top Publications, TV Shows, Newspapers and Websites Valued at $1,000!
Do you want to Get Famous? Heather has kindly discounted her amazing e-book for readers, so if you take advantage now you can get 50% off using promo code 50OFF at checkout. But hurry, you only have until Tuesday, April 19th to take advantage of this special discount.
Heather Allard was kind enough to give me a free copy of Get Famous. The Work at Home Woman always gives honest opinions.