Time management is especially important when you decide to work from home. Due to the fact that many home-based workers do not have a set schedule or boss looking over their shoulder, it is easy to let daily household chores, phone calls, pets, children and family members distract you from the work at hand.
Here are some time management and organizational tips to get you started.
- Make yourself a daily schedule and stick to it.
- Create your own work space that is free of clutter and other things that will distract you.
- Create to-do lists, this way you can visually see the tasks that need to be completed and you won’t get behind.
- Don’t answer your personal phone, let voice mail pick it up.
Recommended Time Management Articles
- 10 Easy and Simple Things You Can to Add More Time to Your Day
- How to Gain Extra Hours a Day
- Women Entrepreneurs – How to Possess Work-Life Balance
- Email Overload – Time Management Tips for Managing Email
- Way to Save Time
- Block Scheduling
Time Management Resources
- Home Organize It offers organization for every area of your home, from home offices to easy meal prep.
- I’m a Organizing Junkie is a fun blog where you can get information on consolidating, implementing systems, organizing your office and home.
- Mind Tools is a great site for learning skills on time management, problem solving, decision making, stress management and many other areas.
- Time Management Guide.com offers tips, goal setting strategies, how to deal with stress, articles and much more.
- Time Thoughts is your one stop for goal setting, productivity and time management resources. Sign up for their free productivity startup kit.