Mondays are always a busy day in our household, and complicated meals are out of the question. That’s why I love this next recipe, it sounds complicated, but it is so simple to make, and best of all it can be made in one dish.
I’ve even thrown this together on a Sunday evening, put in the refrigerator, then popped it into the oven on Monday night for dinner.
And did I mention – it’s super yummy!
I originally found this recipe on Real Simple.
Meals in Minutes: Pan-Roasted Chicken With Lemon-Garlic Green Beans
- 6 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lemons, 1 thinly sliced, 1 juiced
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans
- 8 small red potatoes, quartered (I used halved fingerling potatoes)
- 4 chicken breasts (bones left in, with skin, about 3 1/4 pounds)
1. Preheat oven to 450°F. Coat a large baking dish with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Cut lemon slices and arrange them on the bottom of the dish.
2. In a large bowl, combine 5 tablespoons of olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, and pepper.
3. Add the green beans to the mixture and toss to coat. Remove the green beans and put them on top of the lemon slices.
4. Add the potatoes to the olive oil mixture and toss to coat. Remove the potatoes and put them on top of the green beans.
5. Place the chicken in the olive-oil mixture and coat thoroughly. Place the chicken, skin-side up, in the dish. Pour any of the remaining olive-oil mixture over the chicken.
6. Roast for 50 minutes in the oven. Serve warm.
Related Content: Menu Planning for Moms Who Hate to Cook
What I love about this recipe is its ease to prepare and clean up. There’s not a lot of prep work involved, so you can throw it together and start on your kids’ homework while it’s roasting in the oven. Did I mention how delicious it smells while it’s baking?! Heavenly!
If you’re looking for a quick, simple, and delicious meal, I recommend giving this one a try.
Originally published April 23, 2012. Content updated on October 6, 2017.