By Holly Reisem Hanna
I absolutely love fashion, but for the last 3 ½ years my focus has been on making sure my daughter has been dressed to the nines and not so much myself.
That is until now.
This past June I received an invitation from a company called CAbi inviting me to view their Fall Fashion Show called The Scoop. CAbi, which stands for Carol Anderson by Invitation, is a direct sales company which offers women a home-based business opportunity in the fashion industry. Honestly, before receiving this invitation, I had never heard of the company and was curious to see what they were all about.
Approximately nine years ago Carol Anderson, a former designer for Nordstrom, decided to take her clothing line out of stores and create her own company which sells the line exclusively through their CAbi consultants via in-home parties.
After viewing the spring collection online, and seeing the modern and stylish clothes, I was very eager to attend the event and learn more about the opportunity. This year’s Fall Scoop was held in Anaheim, California at the Convention Center, and upon arriving at the Hilton, I could tell that The Scoop was a BIG deal!
Around 2,000 CAbi Consultants attended the event and training sessions, and let me just say that the energy and excitement levels of these CAbi Consultants was infectious! The Fashion Show was much like a rock concert with lights, music and adoring fans (CAbi Consultants). The fall line was extraordinary (and this is coming from a very picky shopper)! One thing that I loved about this event is that they had all shapes and sizes featured on the runway, showing that CAbi fits and looks flattering on all body types.
After the Fashion Show, the Consultants were treated to a cocktail party and shopping event where I got to try out the CAbi brand firsthand. Besides seeing numerous pieces that I wanted to purchase from the fall line, I received numerous pieces from previous seasons. Not only are the clothes are super cute, but they fit great, and they have pieces for every occasion and every style.
So How Does CAbi Compare to Other Direct Sales Companies?
- According to the Direct Selling Association (DSA) the average sales for a direct sales party is between $400-$500. The average CAbi show is over $1,600/show.
- The basic commission level that CAbi pays on a show is typically higher than the total show total with other direct sales companies.
- CAbi invests in their Consultants in numerous ways to ensure their success. They bring their Consultants together two times a year for The Scoop. The Scoop is a very motivational time filled with Fashion, Friends, and Fun! CAbi puts on a first-class Fashion Show and provides training around the product and sales to ensure our Consultants are successful, regardless of their backgrounds. CAbi’s investment in their Consultants does not end with The Scoop. They also host Corner Events which are essentially mini Scoops on a smaller scale across the country. They serve as a time for community building among local Consultants and also as a platform for additional training. CAbi also publishes a newsletter weekly with product information, sales tips, and motivational messages along with videos to continue the training process.
- CAbi’s retention rate is over 80%.
What are CAbi Consultants Saying About the Opportunity?
“What an amazing opportunity CAbi gifted me when I became one of their valued Fashion Consultants! Surprisingly, what I anticipated as simply an enjoyable way to earn “family fun money” quickly became a vehicle for inspiring women’s confidence in their own beauty while helping lead others to financial success and independence. CAbi is not just a company; it is a culture of bright, intelligent and forward-thinking women who choose to make a great income serving rather than selling some of the most beautiful and flattering clothes a woman could wish for!” – Christiana Parsons
“I feel like I stumbled onto a secret jewel … I work part-time, I'm making a noticeable contribution to my family's income, and I am doing something that is ridiculously fun, seriously. Shopping, trying on clothes while noshing and sipping wine, helping women find pieces that fit and flatter their bodies and make them feel better about themselves! They actually thank me when they leave and ask about the next season. I feel so blessed and grateful that a friend invited ME to a CAbi party six years ago.” – August James
“I have been a CAbi consultant for six years, and I still find it unbelievable that I actually get paid to wear fabulous clothes and go to parties where I meet incredible women. And for the last six years, I have developed life-long friendships with the most remarkable women … my CAbi sisters. I love being a CAbi girl!” – Joni White
My Two Cents…
I was really impressed with CAbi, from the high quality, stylish clothes to the business opportunity and the enthusiasm that the CAbi Consultants exhibited. The company seems to genuinely care about their Consultants and provides them with the appropriate training and tools so that they can be successful. I seriously left this event wanting to be more fashionable, if I were going to join a direct sales company this is one I would seriously consider – after all everyone needs clothes and what woman doesn't love to shop for new and fabulous clothes?!?
You’ll Also Love These Posts:
Studies have shown if you like this blog post — you will also love the following articles.
- How Much Money Can You Make as a CAbi Consultant?
- cabi Blogger Day: An Inside Peek Into the Direct Sales Brand
CAbi paid for my airfare and hotel so that I could attend The Scoop in California. I was also given a clothing allowance to spend at the CAbi shopping event. For more information, please see our disclosure policy.