Running a business can be stressful enough. Throw on top of that our families, children, jobs, health, that extra 10 pounds that snuck up on you, bills and other stressors; it’s easy to be hard on ourselves and so busy spinning our wheels we lose track of what’s really important.
I heard the term ‘Radical Self-Love’ a few months ago, and I just can’t let it go.
- What is radical self-love and what does it look like to the successful entrepreneur?
- Why is radical self-love important (vs. simply loving yourself) and how does that affect me?
- What does it have to do with my business and it’s growth and profitability?
I’m glad you asked because, in actuality, I’ve discovered it means everything.
- It means putting yourself first. Above sick family members. Above your kids. Above your spouse.
- It means speaking up for yourself.
- It means having dreams. Or finding a way to make the ones you have happen.
- It means wanting to live your life your way.
- It might mean leaving the relationship you are in because it no longer meets your needs. Relationships with family, lovers, friends, even kids.
- It means following your own spiritual journey. That might look different than what you grew up with than what your friends and family share.
- It means self-discipline in regards to your health. Your time management. Life balance. Spiritual growth.
As you can see, radical self-love means a lot of heavy stuff.
Radical self-love is an internal knowing that you are more than OK. You are a freaking awesome rock star! You are a powerful and amazing human being, and the world is a better place because you are here. It means knowing this even when you screw up. Again. You will still and always radically love yourself.
What do you need to do to radically love yourself?
- You are your own best investment. Invest in yourself above all else.
- Be true to yourself; it’s a life-long adventure. You change, and that’s a good thing.
- It’s OK for you to change careers – just because you spend years in an industry and tens of thousands of dollars going to school doesn’t mean you have to stay there forever.
- It’s OK for you to take a risk. To start your own business. To practice writing or yoga or coach others. Growth is always a step UP.
- Know that you are not trapped. You ALWAYS have a choice. Your choices may not be easy, but they are there.
- Focus on optimism – look for how you can, not why you can’t. Everyone else will be sharing why you can’t – hold true.
- If you want something, just ask for it. Go and get it. And it if at first, you don’t succeed, go again. And again. Your intuition is a strong and powerful thing.
- If an opportunity or next steps scare you – go for it! Always look for how you can say yes to more life. To growth.
Radical self-love includes gratitude for who you are and where you’ve been. It means not only keeping your dreams alive but slowly stoking the flames and keeping the vision alive for it to grow and foster.
How does radical self-love affect your business and your ability to make money?
Self-Love affects everything, especially running a business because love is the energy that flows through all things. It is a source. It is the God energy. It attracts others, it grows, and it emanates from you at all times. Remember, this is your soul’s journey. The growth and mastery you develop now will stay with you forever – it’s your legacy.
For more ways to radically love yourself, check out best-selling author, Jen Sincero’s book, You Are a Badass: How to Stop Doubting Your Greatness and Start Living an Awesome Life.