Maybe you've thought about blogging, writing, or even selling a product you love. And while those are great options, sometimes it can take a while to build your blog, secure writing clients, and build your customer base. And that means that you won't start bringing in money right away.
That's where working as a Virtual Assistant (VA for short) can be a great place to start your work-at-home career. But exactly what do you need to know, how do you find clients, and how do you start? Enter 30 Days or Less to Virtual Assistant Success, a course by Gina Horkey that includes 30 informative lessons that will answer those questions and more.
The course is geared towards those who are considering VA work and are looking for more information, but also those just starting their journey as a Virtual Assistant. Even so, current VA's will likely find very helpful information included about ways to grow your business as well.
How Can 30 Days or Less to Virtual Assistant Success Help Me?
This course will first and foremost help you decide if being a VA is right for you. You'll learn the benefits (and drawbacks) of being a VA as well as the top 3 tasks most Virtual Assistants do.
Gina uses case studies to give examples of what you can expect to go through as a VA and uses the experiences of others (including herself) to give you an inside look at the life of a Virtual Assistant.
What's the Most Important Thing This Course Will Teach Me?
Where to find clients. Let's face it … no clients, no business! Gina will help you dig deep and find clients, many of whom you already know but never thought you might work with.
What Skills Can I Expect To Learn?
- Email Management – You'll learn the five most popular categories that will help you tackle your clients (and even your own) inbox with ease.
- Creating a Resume – What to include and the best way to get the word out about your services.
- Setting Rates – How to calculate your minimum hourly rate, alternative billing methods, and even how to set up automatic payments.
- How to Pitch – Gina even gives you a working template, plus the top 5 tips to help you pitch successfully.
- Maintaining Your Client Relationship – Getting clients is only half the battle; you also have to keep them! 30 Days or Less to Virtual Assistant Success gives you loads of pointers on how to maintain effective relationships and what you can do to ensure you're meeting your clients' needs.
The Ball is Rolling … So Now What?
Once you decide to become a VA, and even after you get your first client, there are things that Gina's course can help you with.
- Continuing Learning – You'll find tips on what you can do to increase your knowledge base, thus making you an added asset to your clients. You'll also acquire new clients as you improve your skillset.
- Acquiring Testimonials – Where to find them, how to go about getting them, and what to look for.
- VA Tools – Tools that will help you do your job more effectively and resourcefully.
- Productivity Help – Pointers to help you operate your business more efficiently.
My Favorite Thing About the Course.
I really appreciate that the course is self-paced, and is written in easily digestible lessons that you can knock out in a very reasonable amount of time. As busy women, sometimes we think that we don't have time to learn, but 30 Days or Less to Virtual Assistant Success takes the pressure off. It can be completed in less than 30 days if you choose with no trouble.
I also welcome Gina's encouraging tone throughout the course. I know that she's been there and is speaking from experience, and her advice seems to really come from the heart.
If you're considering working as a VA, whether it's to make ends meet until your other ventures take off or as a permanent work-at-home business, I genuinely recommend checking out Gina's course 30 Days or Less to Virtual Assistant Success.
Have you considered working as a VA? We'd love to hear about your experience in the comments!
You’ll Also Love These Posts:
Studies have shown if you like this blog post — you will also love the following articles.
- How to Stop Charging by the Hour and Create Packages to Level Up Your VA Business
- How to Work From Home as a Virtual Assistant
- Top Virtual Assistant Services to Offer Clients
Kimi Clark is a career stay at home mom turned writer and blogger for hire with a passion for business. She specializes in posts about writing, blogging, and entrepreneurship, as well as all things parenting and motherhood. Owner & Founder of The Mom Shopping Network, you’ll find her there writing, hosting giveaways, and supporting moms in both their business and motherhood journey. She’s also a devoted wife and mother of four who loves the beach and her early morning coffee.
This post includes affiliate links. Please be aware we only promote advertising from companies that we feel we can legitimately recommend to our readers. Please see our disclosure policy for further information.