Sponsored by Cruise Planners
Do you love to travel? Would you like to run a travel agency business from home? If so, keep reading to find out if becoming a franchise owner with Cruise Planners is your calling.
How to Work From Home as a Travel Agent
Traditionally, aspiring travel agents needed to attend a two-year or four-year program in the hospitality industry. And then often, from there, they would need to invest additional time and money into a certification program. Throw in finding a host agency to work under, and the process can be long and drawn out. Today, there is a much quicker path to becoming a home-based travel agent, and that’s through Cruise Planners.
Cruise Planners is a low-cost travel franchise where you can learn the craft of being a travel agent in just six days!
Cruise Planners was launched by CEO Michelle Fee and travel experts Lynn Korn and Marvin Davis, who are now retired. The company has a proven track record and continuously earns top rankings and awards in the travel industry.
The great thing about becoming a travel advisor with Cruise Planners is you can work from anywhere with an internet connection. As a franchisee, you create your own schedule working part-time or full-time hours. You’ll also get ongoing support, business development coaching, and comprehensive training from the corporate office, which is located in Coral Springs, Florida.
How Much Does a Cruise Planners Franchise Cost?
According to the Small Business Administration, the typical franchise investment is between $20,000-$50,000. Cruise Planners is a low-cost franchise opportunity, with your investment being considerably lower at $6,995, and a monthly admin fee of $70.
The Cruise Planners Franchise includes:
- CP MAXX: a robust CRM (customer relationship management) tool and LIVE inventory online booking system
- Mobile App: to manage your business from anywhere
- Website: your own personalized website – not a page on a corporate site
- Technology Tools: group registration tools to maximize your sales revenue
- Cruise Watcher: checks for new itineraries and price reductions to get the best deal for your clients
- Triggered Emails: hands-free email program to keep you connected to your clients
- Online, on-demand travel advisor training
- Amazon Alexa Skill: manage client bookings and information through voice-activated commands – an industry first!
- Innovative marketing tools and training
- STAR University (new franchise training): comprehensive six-day program in Fort Lauderdale featuring tailored seminars and workshops, networking, and two ship tours
- Cruisitude Academy: online training designed to be accessed anytime from anywhere
- Annual Convention: featuring travel advisor panels, executive presentations, and partner sessions on new products
- Seminars at Sea: immersive program allowing you to learn about the cruise product first-hand
- Regional Boot Camp Training: designed to help you find ways to improve and grow your business, share ideas and expertise with your fellow franchisees and Cruise Planners team
- FAM Trips: exclusive familiarization trips through various destinations in conjunction with preferred land, hotel, and destination partners
- Intensive Luxury & Land Vacation Training: including industry executives focusing on giving you ideas and a guide to grow your luxury and land business.
- Membership: Cruise Lines International Association (CLIA) & International Air Transport Association (IATA) Memberships
- Insurance: $1 million errors & omissions insurance protection
Cruise Planners also offers discounts and special incentives for first responders, military members, and their families.
What is a Typical Cruise Planners Franchise Salary?
With Cruise Planners, you don’t just sell cruises, you also sell all-inclusive resorts, river cruises, hotels, excursions, land tours, car rentals, passports, and more, and you’ll earn a commission on each of these items. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average travel agent’s salary is $42,350. However, as a business owner, if you want to earn more, you can. It all depends on how much time and effort you’re willing to put in.
Besides the commissions you’ll earn, you’ll also receive discounts on travel, complimentary upgrades, travel perks, and amazing travel experiences!
What Are Others Saying About the Cruise Planners Franchise Opportunity?
Of course, one of the best ways to find out more about the company is to get reviews and feedback from other travel partners and industry executives.
“I had no travel agent experience. Cruise Planners supported me with incredible marketing tools, live and recorded training webinars, and are there with me every step of the way.” — Maria Tilton, Franchise Owner
“After unexpected career changes, we wanted to fulfill our dreams of owning a business. Cruise Planners instantly helped grow our business with its marketing programs, technology, and business development support.” — Sheila & Chris Korte, Franchise Owner
“I took early retirement, but I wasn’t ready to retire. I’ve always loved to travel, and Cruise Planners offered me the independence, flexibility, and fun so I can travel with a different focus.” — Val Dorsey, Franchise Owner
“Cruise Planners is more than just cruises. Their land sales are tremendous. From the perspective of Sandals and Beaches Resorts, Cruise Planners is our best customer!” — Jeff Clarke, CEO
Unique Travel Corp., the Worldwide Representative of Sandals Resorts
“It’s our privilege to honor Cruise Planners with the Presidents Award which is the highest honor given to any travel partner. We are pleased and proud to be a partner with Cruise Planners because of the world-class training and marketing programs and the terrific support that they give to each and everyone of their franchisees” — Vicki Freed, SVP of Sales & Trade Support Services Royal Caribbean
My Cruise Planners Franchise Business Review
There are a lot of great things about Cruise Planners, so let’s start with the obvious, their reputation:
- Cruise Planners receives an 88% rating from Franchise Business Review
- They have consistently ranked as the #1 travel franchise by Entrepreneur Magazine
- High level of franchisee satisfaction
Besides having an excellent reputation, Cruise Planners is an inclusive company with a big heart. With their CP Cares Program, they’ve raised and donated over $2 million that has benefited organizations such as the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, Kids in Distress, and SOS Village among other charities and philanthropic organizations. They also recently donated $10,000 to help Ukrainian refugees in partnership with AMA Waterways and partnered with the Dan Marino Foundation to help ready young adults with autism for independence.
Another thing I like about the Cruise Planners opportunity is the six-day in-person training in Florida. This training allows you to understand the industry and have your questions answered on the spot. This program also gets you up and running in no time flat, so you can start earning money quickly. Which is perfect for individuals looking for a career change and who don’t want to go back to school.
Of course, the initial franchise fee might be a barrier. But if you consider the cost of going back to school or investing in a traditional franchise, the price is much lower. With Cruise Planners, there’s no inventory to buy, no storefront space to rent, or employees to pay, which makes this a low-cost business to run.
If you’re passionate about travel and looking for a lifestyle business, the Cruise Planners franchise opportunity is an excellent option!
Do you have questions about the Cruise Planners franchise opportunity? Drop us a note; we’d love to hear from you!
Originally published on August 27, 2018. Content updated April 2022.
This post was sponsored by Cruise Planners. Please be aware we only promote advertising from companies that we feel we can legitimately recommend to our readers. Please, see our disclosure policy for further information.