Are you looking for a remote customer service job but have minimal (or zero) customer service experience?
Don’t let the fear of inexperience stand in the way of landing your perfect remote job!
There are many work-from-home customer service jobs out there waiting for you to dive in, and none of them require any outside experience.
As a customer service representative, you’ll most likely assist clients and customers for companies over the phone or by email, and there are some instances where you’ll work via chat.
All in all, to get one of these remote customer service opportunities, you won’t need any experience, just the following tools:
- Reliable computer
- Fast internet connection
- Quiet work environment
- Headset* (not always required but is recommended)
Whether you’re just transitioning into a work-from-home position or are on the lookout for a new work-at-home adventure, we have 9 of the best remote customer service jobs out there that don’t require experience! Jump on in!
Virtual Vicky helps busy small businesses get a handle on their day-to-day by managing their call base. As a virtual assistant with Virtual Vicky, you’ll handle calls from those small businesses that count on you to treat their customers the same way they would. In any given day, you could:
- Handle calls from home via your computer and headset
- Assist callers with questions
- Book appointments
Virtual Vicky is looking for virtual assistants who:
- Are eager to learn various tasks
- Ability to learn multiple types of software, email, and live chat
- Have a friendly personality
- Pay attention to details
- Able to multitask
- Have a caring and outgoing personality
Aside from the above attributes, Virtual Vicky has a few requirements:
- Must live in the US
- A fast and reliable computer and internet connection.
- A quiet work environment
Compensation for working as a virtual assistant with Virtual Vicky is $10 per hour.
This customer-service driven company is looking to hire remote representatives in specific US states, so continually check their site for an updated list.
Some of the tasks you’ll perform with Sitel include taking calls, assisting with billing inquires, and scheduling installations. You’ll be hired as an employee of Sitel (not as an independent contractor).
There are several other benefits for working with Sitel such as:
- Paid training from home (remember—no experience required!)
- Medical and dental benefits for full-time employees
- Hourly pay with incentive opportunities
- Vacation and holiday pay
- Payment through direct deposit or total pay card (which is a debit card)
Direct Interactions is seeking work-from-home customer service representatives to receive and make calls via telephone. This company hires customer service reps as independent contractors.
The ability to communicate with customers as well as quickly identify and resolve computer-related issues are essential qualities to have when considering a position with Direct Interactions.
Here’s some other useful info about this remote position:
- The pay is $10-$12 per hour
- The number of hours given varies
- Work is primarily on a part-time schedule
- You must be legally able to work in the US
- A high school diploma or GED is required
Direct Interactions doesn’t currently hire in: HI, MA, MI, NJ, NY, PA, or Washington DC.
Working Solutions is currently hiring at-home call agents who work per program to help customers with their overall experience. Some benefits with this position include:
- Flexible schedule
- Hours vary from 15-20 hours per week on a part-time schedule or can be 40 or more
- Pay rate varies on the project but can range $9-$30 per hour
- Payment is made via direct deposit or check
There is an application, assessment, and training as part of the hiring process.
One of the largest customer-service based companies out there, Sykes is consistently looking for remote customer service representatives in select states. As a Sykes representative, you will:
- Answer calls
- Resolve problems as quickly as possible
- Multitask while on the phone
- Communicate clearly and effectively
If talking on the phone isn’t what you’re looking for in a remote customer service position, you’re in luck. Live chat via computer, as well as other digital services, is popular for many big (and small) online businesses.
When you join Modsquad, you’ll perform digital engagement services such as live chat with customers, manage communities, moderate forums, and check social media. The projects you manage are based on your individualized interests and passions, and you can set your own schedule.
Here’s a breakdown of how it works:
- You’ll perform digital engagement services as an independent contractor
- The clients you work with are based on your current skill sets, so no prerequisite on skills or experience is required
- You’ll work with a variety of brands, from eCommerce to gaming and entertainment
If you like the sound of this opportunity, also check out Concentrix, which offers similar customer service positions.
7. Fancy Hands
Like Virtual Vicky, Fancy Hands is a company that subcontracts virtual assistant and customer service work to people like you.
This US-based startup company specializes in hiring individuals who are great at making calls and completing internet research.
Other tasks you’ll perform with Fancy Hands include:
- Scheduling appointments (can be personal or for business)
- Tracking down the best price for something
- Finding hotels that meet certain criteria
- Data entry
NexRep is a virtual, on-demand US-based company that allows you to find clients within the customer service world. NexRep prides itself on its flexible work from home schedule and aligning customer service representatives with clients that match their employees’ skills and interests.
Industries you could work in range from:
- Products and services
- Branded retail
- Food Delivery
- Consumer Electronics
- Direct Response
- Catalog and Direct Mail
- Travel and Hospitality
LiveOps offers a wide range of remote customer service positions, depending on the types of tasks you would like to do from home. They even provide prospects with an opportunity to review available jobs based on four categories:
- Available hours
- Recommended hours per week for the job
- Personality (what type of personality you should have to be the most successful in this position)
- Skills and experience
Opportunities and tasks with LiveOps include basic customer service, as well as inbound sales, roadside service, technical support, and insurance claims – to name a few!
Your pay rate is dependent on your call volume and performance. Some clients will pay a straight talk time.
Whether you’re just starting your work-from-home journey or you’re looking to change your current work from home position, there are several remote customer service representative opportunities that don’t require experience. Research one or apply to a few, and start earning money from home this month!
Questions or comments? We would love to hear from you! Are you a remote customer service representative? Or would you like to become one and still have questions? Let us know; we would love to help you!
You’ll Also Love These Posts:
Studies have shown if you like this blog post — you will also love the following articles.
- How Can I Work From Home, When I Don’t Have a College Degree?
- Best High-Paying Entry-Level Work-From-Home Jobs
- 22 Business Ideas for Starting Your Own Service Business
Courtney Stich is a prior educator turned writer, blogger, and Pinterest fanatic! She's the founder of the site, The Running Mama — a website dedicated to helping mamas with everything from playtime with the kiddos to downtime for the mama, (all rolled up with a little bit of running here and there). Courtney holds a BA in English Literature and a Master’s Degree (M.S ED) in Technology and Design. Courtney has written several articles and content both as a ghostwriter and within online publications such as Fractus Learning! She also creates copywriting content for a variety of clientele on Copify. Aside from her love of writing, she manages, designs, and creates content for a variety of Pinterest business accounts on the Pinterest platform. Courtney is a mama to three beautiful kiddos and a wife to one amazingly supportive, loving hubby. She loves everything about being seaside, most things chocolate, and a vase, (or five), filled with sunflowers.