35 Free Resources to Help Manage Your Home-Based Business
Posted in Business
8 Comments »
By Holly Reisem Hanna
With all the talk of unemployment numbers, job losses and unstable economic times, it seems as if everyone is trying to save money, budget and overall be thriftier. But don’t despair, hard economic times are the prefect time to launch a new home-based business as well as implement new ideas and strategies in your life.
Here are 35 FREE resources to help get to started:
1. Travel Mamas: Packing lists for busy moms.
2. momAgenda: Check lists (back to school, holiday, summer, spring).
3. Simple Mom: Free downloads, pocket docket, daily docket, master weekly check list, grocery list, monthly calendars, pre-school chore chart, grocery list and budgeting for Christmas.
4. Productivity Flourishing: Free planners, month action, productivity heatmap, productivity planner series, productivity jumpstarter, blog post planner and calendar and freelance worksheet.
5. Cozi: Free online family organizer.
6. Pear Budget: Free for 30 days spending plan and budget.
7. SCORE: Free business templates: business plan, financial forecast, supporting documents, business planning tools for non-profit, projected balance sheet, bank loan request, cash flow statements, financial history, competitive analysis, profit & loss projection, sales forecast and startup expenses.
8. Practical Spread Sheets: Free spread sheets for personal and business use. Personal budget spread sheets, income statement and grocery list.
9. Open Office: Productivity suite, including word processing, spread sheets, presentations, graphics, database – all free of charge. No need to purchase Microsoft Office.
10. Google Docs: Create documents for free, word processing, spread sheets and presentations.
11. Dim Dim: Free webinars and conferences.
12. Free Conference: Free conference calls, up to 96 people for free.
13. Hot Recorder: Record calls for free, great for phone interviews.
14. Vista Print: Free business cards, 250 for free, just pay for shipping and handling.
15. Cute PDF: Create Portable Document Formats (PDF) for free.
16. PrimoPDF: Another site to create Portable Document Formats (PDF) for free.
17. faxZERO: fax documents for free, up to 3 pages, two times per day.
18. Dafont: Free fonts, over 9000 to choose from. Great for creating e-books and website and blog logos.
19. Snap Pages: Free 5 page website, 1GB storage, contact from, customizable themes and free hosting.
20. Skype: Free call, video call and instant message for Skye to Skype members.
21. Gravatar: Free globally recognized avatar, helps to create brand identity.
22. Shrink Pictures: Resize pictures for free.
23. Random.org: Randomly choose winners for your giveaway and contest.
24. MadMimi: Free email marketing up to 100 contacts.
25. Intuit QuickBooks: Free online book keeping / accounting system.
26. Free Press Release: Submit your press release for free.
27. Craigslist: Free advertising.
28. Living My MoMent: Free advertising for mommy owned businesses.
29. My Own Business: 16 free online sessions that provide the basic do’s and don’ts for starting a business.
30. Small Business Administration: Free resources for planning, starting, managing and for getting out of your business.
31. Mikogo: Free desktop sharing tool, ideal for web conferencing, online meetings or remote support.
32. Google Chat: Talk with family and friends over the internet for free.
33. Dreamstime: Free stock images and photos.
34. Disclosure Policy.org: Get your free disclosure policy, which you must have starting December 2009, new FTC regulations. Policy disclosures that nature of your relationship with different entities.
35. Diva Geek Designs: Free social networking buttons.
Do you know a free resource? I invite you to share your free resources below.
Don’t forget to enter The Ultimate Holiday Giveaway – over $400.00 in fabulous prizes!