Build a Website
By Holly Reisem Hanna
Whether you’re selling hand-made baby slings, marketing a home-based virtual assistant business, or creating an informational blog to generate an income — you will need to build a website.
Here are some simple steps and resources to get you started.
1. Choose your domain name, example: www.theworkathomewoman.com
2. Pick a web hosting company. You will want to pick a company that is reliable and that has excellent customer support.
3. Build your site using a website builder or content management system like, WordPress, or you can have a custom site built by a graphic designer.
4. Make your website stand out from the crowd – hire a graphic designer to customize your site and create a custom logo for you.
5. Add lots of interesting and relevant content to your site.
6. Get traffic to your site by submitting your website to search engines and by using SEO techniques.
7. Promote your website using social networks, like Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest. Market your site using a newsletter, see resources below.
Check out our resources below to get started building your website!
- Make a Home Business Look Really Big with a Quality Logo Design
- Three Tips for Designing Your Own Company Logo
- 7 Tips for Designing Your New Blog
- How to Really Make Money Blogging
Domains, Hosting, Site Builders and Platforms:
- Bizzy Mama Hosting
- Liquid Web – This is who I use for hosting.
- RFE Hosting
- WordPress — Love using WordPress!
- Yahoo Site Solutions
Read this article, for FREE email marketing services.
Custom Website & Logo Design:
- Fancy Girl Design Studio
- Market Mommy – Dawn is great, she helps me with a lot of different graphics!
- Mompreneur Media
- Moxie Design Studios
- October Skies – This is my web programmer Susan, she’s awesome!
- Sugar Dipped Designs
Resources on How to Build a Website:
Get Traffic – Search Engine Submission:
Get Traffic – Giveaway Submission Sites:
For more ways to get traffic see – Skyrocket Your Blog’s Earnings and Traffic with Pinterest
Free Content for Your Site: