Do you dream of working from home but dread the thought of giving up W2 employee perks?
Whether you’re a seasoned work-at-home pro or you’re just starting to dip your toes into the world of virtual work, there are numerous companies out there that hire dedicated work-from-home employees.
If you’re looking for company benefits or prefer the stability of being an employee rather than an independent contractor, we have the perfect list of work-from-home positions that offer W2 employment.
1. Customer Support and Admin Support: Hubstaff
This place just looks like a fun company to work for! Hubstaff is 100% online, so any new employee positions posted here will ALWAYS be remote.
For this job, Hubstaff is looking for someone “technical enough” to handle the support of desktop and mobile applications of users. You’ll also:
- Work with teams to make sure that all employees are onboarded correctly
- Be flexible enough to jump in on side projects and admin support (multitasking abilities)
- Great personality and awesome communication skills
Another exciting option for Hubstaff employment is its “general” or “open” application. If you have an idea about how you can contribute to their team, they will allow you to suggest a role based on the skills you have to offer!
2. Work-at-Home Agent: Alorica
Alorica offers a variety of virtual agent positions. These roles provide customers support via phone for a variety of tasks. Pay is dependent on the project. Some positions offer $11 per hour, while others are based on call volume.
To work for Alorica, you’ll need to have:
- A high school diploma or GED
- Minimum one year of customer service or sales experience
- Basic computer skills
3. Entry-Level Client Service Representative: CIOX
CIOX is offering an entry-level position that’s responsible for processing all release of information, specifically for medical record requests, in a timely and efficient manner. Some other responsibilities include:
- Validating requests and authorizations
- Ensuring accuracy and providing customers with exceptional customer service
- Performing quality checks on all work to ensure the accuracy
4. Customer Support Representative: LawnStarter
As a LawnStarter employee, you’ll support customers and providers via phone, where you’ll be answering any questions they have about their application, services, and policies. Lawn Start is hiring in Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Illinois, Virginia, Tennessee, and Texas. The positions are temporary, full-time, and pay $11 per hour.
You will need to have the following equipment:
- High-Speed Internet Connection
5. Customer Service Professional: Wrrk
Wrrk is grounded in providing amazing customer service for its clients. As a part of its team, you’ll help customers via email, chat, and phone, troubleshooting their problems and answering their questions.
Employees must reside in Texas, Georgia, Colorado, or Arizona.
Wrrk is looking for someone who has:
- 1+ year of experience in an online customer service role
- Experience using software such as Zendesk, Freshdesk, Livechat, Shopify, or Magento
- Experience using online communication tools like Slack and Skype
6. Customer Service Professional: Dialog Direct
Dialog Direct is looking for service professionals to field inbound calls from their customers. Medical and dental benefits are offered as an additional bonus. You must reside in one of the following states: Florida, Idaho, Iowa, Kentucky, Michigan, Montana, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Texas, Utah, or Wisconsin.
Other prerequisites include:
- Minimum one year of customer service experience
- Typing speed of 25 WPM with 90% accuracy
- Computer knowledge in Windows-based applications
- Excellent communication, listening, and interpersonal skills
7. Customer Support Manager: Komatsu
This W2 position provides proactive technical service, expertise, consultation, and support to assigned distributors with the expectation that customer satisfaction, confidence, and retention levels are met and maintained. Komatsu hires in Texas.
Some of the requirements include:
- A minimum of an Associate’s, Trade Degree, or equivalent technical training
- Five years of hands-on experience
- The ability to work in a fast-paced environment
8. Work-From-Home Consultant/Concierge: Aspire
As a work-from-home consultant with Aspire, you will speak with clients on the phone and perform tasks similar to that of a virtual assistant, such as:
- Placing dining reservations, flower orders, entertainment, and ticket inquiries
- Assisting while traveling
- Internet research
- Use systems to accurately document and research customer information
Pay is $15.50 per hour, and you must reside in Georgia, Texas, or Florida. There are additional work-from-home consultant positions with Aspire available on their career page for you to check out as well.
9. Virtual Assistant: CodePath.org
CodePath.org hires virtual assistants to support its administrative requirements across various departments as well as monitor and support processes for classroom operations. As a company, CodePath.org provides curriculum and programs for college students across the US.
Some qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- At least 2-3 years of similar experience, preferably in a startup or tech environment
- Experience managing complex processes
- Excellent communication skills
10. Remote Customer Support Specialist: HubSpot
As part of its team, you’ll assist customers who are growing their business with HubSpot through consultative support and tech problem-solving. HubSpot is currently hiring in the following time zones: Pacific, Mountain, or Central Time.
- Work with customers to resolve issues via phone, email, and chat
- Learn and understand HubSpot to diagnose software issues
- Collaborate with account managers or sales teams
There are several other remote customer success and sales jobs available on HubSpot’s career page.
11. Customer Service Representative: Sitel
As a virtual associate with Sitel, you’ll work via email, phone, chat, or social media to support customers with billing inquiries, account or product questions, and service orders.
Sitel offers paid training and benefits for full-time employees.
12. Work-at-Home Call Agent: Concentrix
Concentrix hires home-based call agents to provide customer service support. This company offers paid training and hourly wages, as well as benefits like paid time off, a 401k, life insurance, medical, dental, and vision.
Concentrix is currently hiring in 35 states (review each job description) and has various W2 work-from-home positions available besides customer service you should check out.
A few other quick tips:
- There is a fraud alert on their homepage, so be sure to read more about how to avoid work-from-home scams
- When you select the state, be sure to choose “virtual” to get their most up-to-date work-from-home jobs
13. Customer Service Champion: Zapier
Even the title for this job sounds fun! Zapier is looking for customer support agents who love helping people solve tricky technical problems.
Here are some of the things you might do as a customer service support agent with Zapier:
- Help customers via email or chat
- Troubleshoot their problems and answer their questions
- Write documentation to help users help themselves
Fun fact: Zapier has a unique hiring process that asks you to answer a few upfront questions before the interview. This saves time for both you and the company, which is pretty genius!
14. Virtual Assistants: Profit Factory
If you love working for companies with exceptional administrative support, Profit Factory is your spot! Profit Factory matches companies looking to hire virtual assistants with long-term employment options.
There are a variety of companies that post jobs through Profit Factory, so the job responsibilities will vary.
Virtual assistants frequently perform tasks related to:
- Project management
- Managing and sending out invoices
- Running team meetings
- Onboarding clients
- Email communications
While you’ll encounter a variety of virtual assistant openings on Profit Factory, there are employee-based positions (offering part-time or full-time employment) with some featuring benefits.
15. At-Home Advisor: Apple
Do you love all things Apple? As an Apple At-Home Advisor, you’ll answer questions and concerns from customers about Apple products and services. You’ll offer troubleshooting and technical support for Apple customers from home.
Apple is looking for individuals who:
- A strong interest in technology
- Have the ability to deliver great customer experiences in any environment
- Have strong communication skills that let you converse as freely and comfortably with small groups as with individual customers
This role has full-time, part-time, or temporary availability.
16. Customer Support Agent: SYKES
SYKES provides customer service and technical support for large companies. As a customer support agent, some of your responsibilities may include:
- Answering back-to-back calls and resolving issues
- Building strong relationships your customers
- Multitasking while speaking with clients
A quick search tip on this site: Select “all jobs” and then use the drop-down key on the left for the “work from home” section.
17. Bookkeeping and Customer Service: Intuit
If you love all things related to taxes and customer service, Intuit might be your work-from-home dream. Intuit is a business and financial software company associated with big names such as Quickbooks and TurboTax.
Their work-from-home jobs regularly change, but generally, focus on customer service and support with taxes.
Here are a few prerequisites for some of those roles:
- 4-year degree preferred
- Moderate computer software skills
- A high degree of customer service and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
18. Customer, Employee Relations: Amazon
Amazon is one of the largest virtual companies out there, and with a company that large, their virtual employee needs are just as great. You’ll find a wide variety of full- or part-time remote positions on Amazon’s career page to choose from, but they don’t cover all areas in terms of virtual assistant work.
Read individual job descriptions before applying to ensure you’re in the right service area for the position.
To make your search easier, use the drop-down key on the left-hand side of your screen to apply the filters that work for you.
19. Customer Service Representative: UnitedHealth Group
UnitedHealth Group offers excellent benefits and is grounded in helping others live healthier lives while making the health system work better for all. They have an array of work-from-home positions to choose from in a variety of fields. Customer service reps and project management jobs are telecommuting, but some have location restrictions.
Site navigation can be a bit tricky, so utilize their drop-down key and enter the term “telecommute” to find remote jobs faster.
20. Customer Service, Tech Support: Sutherland
Sutherland helps Fortune 1000 companies rethink business strategies to streamline processes and become even more successful. Careers at Sutherland include customer service, tech support, and sales across several industries.
Sutherland offers its W2 employees paid training and benefits.
Working from home is becoming more and more prevalent among larger companies, and fortunately, employee positions are as well. Scooping up a work-from-home role with one of these companies is a great way to secure your job, save money on that commute, and work in your PJs!
Questions or comments? We would love to speak with you. Drop us a line or two below!
Do you have a work-from-home job that has hired you as an employee? Congrats! Please share it with us below!