Are you ready to work from the comfort of your home? Then keep reading to find out what the best work-from-home jobs are for 2022.
With advances in technology and corporate attitudes more accepting of telecommuting, there are more work-from-home positions than ever before!
According to FlexJobs’ annual analysis of the remote work industry, there has been more growth in the variety of remote job titles than ever before. The pandemic has reshaped how and where we work and made remote work the norm.
Do you have more of an entrepreneurial spirit?
According to Early to Rise, if you have ambition, vision, desire, and are willing to work hard, you can start a successful online business for less than $500.
If you’re ready to work from home — here are some of the best resources, remote job leads, and information to jumpstart your work-at-home career in 2022!
Looking for a Telecommuting Position?
According to FlexJobs, the fastest-growing work-from-home job categories are medical and healthcare, computer and IT, and accounting and finance.
Here are the top career fields and companies hiring in these industries:
- Sales – American Express, Assurance, Blooms Today, and Working Solutions
- Medical and Healthcare – CVS Health, Doctor on Demand, Humana, and Wellbox
- Education and Training – Connections Academy, Edgenuity, and Stride Learning
- Computer and IT – Dell, Computer Futures, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Modis
- Customer Service – Apple, Amazon, Concentrix, NexRep, and U-Haul
- Accounting and Finance – Capital One, JPMorgan Chase, and Wells Fargo
- Project Management – CVS Health, Kelly Services, and Robert Half
- Marketing – Acceleration Partners, HubSpot, and Shopify
Still not finding what you’re looking for?
These articles will help you find the perfect telecommuting option based on your situation.
Best Online Jobs By Occupation
If you have a college degree or experience in a professional field, you can likely bring those skills, education, and experience home as more and more occupations can work remotely.
Here is a list of some of the professional occupations that allow telecommuting:
- Criminal Justice
- Human Resources (HR)
- Medical Coders and Billers
- Online Tutors
- Social Media Managers
Work-From-Home Jobs Listed By Industry
If you want to work in a particular industry, here are some remote jobs and ideas you can do from home:
- Bilingual Jobs
- Customer Service Representative
- Data Entry Jobs
- Home, Auto, and Life Insurance
- Hospitality, Travel, and Tourism
- Legal Jobs
- Medical Insurance Jobs
- Teach English Online
- Tech Support
Remote Jobs and Opportunities by Interest
If you have a hobby or passion for a particular niche, believe it or not, you can search for work-from-home jobs and home business opportunities by interest.
Here are some of the main areas of interest to check out:
- Disney Lovers
- English Majors
- Math Lovers
- Music Lovers
- Outdoor Enthusiasts
- Pet Lovers
Work-at-Home Jobs by Situation
Many factors go into finding the right work-from-home job for your particular situation. Whether you need insurance, a flexible schedule, or something that doesn’t involve phone work, we have resources to help you quickly find what you need.
- Work-From-Home Jobs with Benefits
- Work-at-Home Jobs Listed by State
- Work-From-Home Jobs with No Fees
- Work-at-Home Jobs with an A+ BBB Rating
- Non-Phone Work-at-Home Jobs
- Best Work-at-Home Careers for People Over 50
- Virtual Part-Time Positions
- Remote Jobs that Don’t Require Background Checks
- Work-From-Home Jobs with No Set Schedule
- Remote Night Shift Jobs to Do When the Kids Are Sleeping
- Best Ways to Make Money in Retirement
- Work-From-Home Jobs with Flexible Work Schedules
- Work-From-Home Jobs That Provide Equipment
No Experience, No Problem
If you don’t have a college degree or you lack experience, there are plenty of remote jobs and opportunities for beginners. Check out these companies and helpful tips for getting started on your journey.
- Work-From-Home Jobs That Don’t Require Experience
- 5 Virtual Admin Jobs that Don’t Require Experience
- Remote Customer Service Jobs that Don’t Require Experience
- How to Convince Someone to Hire You Without Experience
Are You Disabled?
Employment Options helps qualified job seekers with disabilities (who receive SSDI or SSI benefits) find work-at-home employment for free. In addition to finding suitable remote positions, their certified career counselors help clients assess skills and abilities, application completion, prepare resumes, interview practice, and much more.
Related Content: Best Work-at-Home Jobs for People with a Chronic Illness
Are You Located Outside the United States?
The Work at Home Woman is geared for US residents, but we do have a few posts for people outside the US.
- Huge List of Direct Sales Companies in Canada
- The Best Work-at-Home Jobs for Canadians
- Worldwide Work-From-Home Jobs and Money-Making Gigs
Need Extra Cash?
For some reason, surveys, short tasks, and odd jobs get a bad rap. No, they’re not going to make you rich, but they can help you pay down your debt, cover your coffee habit at Starbucks, or add some extra money to your savings account. To be successful with these remote opportunities — you need to create a plan and execute it. For instance, if you answer four surveys a day, and each pays $1.00, and you do this for 30-days at the end of the month, you’ll have $120!
- Short Tasks
- Focus Groups
- On-Demand Gigs
- Get Paid to Walk
- Make Money With Your Car
- Become a Mock Juror
- Paid Surveys
- Paid Writing Gigs
- Playing Video Games
- Rent Your Stuff
- Run Errands
- Sell Stuff Online
- Sell T-Shirts Online
- Smartphone Apps
- Watching Videos
- Website Testing
Want to Bring Your Current Job Home?
Do you already have a job that you LOVE? Then bring it home by submitting a telecommuting, flextime, or job sharing proposal (and don’t assume your employer will say no until you’ve asked). Start by checking your company’s telecommuting policy; if there’s nothing in the manual, do your research, and write up a flex time or work-at-home proposal. Be sure to include all of the benefits to the company – including the cost to recruit and hire a new employee to replace you if you decide to quit.
Need help writing your proposal? Here are some articles to help you get started.
- How to Write and Pitch a Telecommuting Proposal to Your Boss
- How to Convert Your Office Job to a Telecommuting Position
Want to Be a Small Business Owner?
Do you prefer to be your own boss? But you don’t know what to do, and you’re unsure how to get started? No problem. You can take many paths to become an entrepreneur, from building a business from scratch to purchasing a franchise or business-in-a-box concept.
Here are some small business options to consider.
Join a Direct Sales Company
The direct sales industry has come a long way in the past 20 years; now offering products from major designers and well-known corporations, the opportunities are endless.
If you’re not familiar with the direct sales model, here’s how it works. For a small startup fee, you’ll get everything you need to start and run a business from home. For each product that you sell — you’ll earn a commission. Most direct sales companies provide you with training, marketing materials, a website, and sample products.
Here are some companies with fun opportunities:
- cabi – Designer clothing, shoes, and jewelry
- Noonday – Fair Trade jewelry, bags, gifts, and accessories
- Peach – Athleisure
- SimplyFun – Educational games and toys
- Sseko Designs – Apparel, footwear, jewelry, and accessories
- Stella & Dot – In-style jewelry, accessories, clothing, handbags, makeup, and skincare
- Tastefully Simple – Gourmet food mixes and spices
- Traveling Vineyard – Wine
For more direct sales opportunities, check out this massive list of companies with which you can choose to work!
Starting a Business on a Budget?
Are you working on a tight budget? No problem. Many home-based business opportunities and courses are FREE or only require a minimal investment. Here are just a few resources to get you on your way.
- 6 Home Businesses You Can Start With No Money
- A HUGE List of Free Resources to Help Run Your Home-Based Business
- Home Businesses You Can Start For Less Than $50
Need more budget-friendly ideas? Check out Chris Guillebeau’s book, The $100 Startup, where he features numerous case studies from successful entrepreneurs who launched businesses on shoestring budgets.
Become an Independent Business Owner
With these options, you file your paperwork for a Limited Liability Company (LLC) or an Employee Identification Number (EIN). You’ll then contract with larger companies to provide customer service via the phone. The advantages of this arrangement are you’re given extensive training, and you don’t have to find your own clients. The disadvantages of these options are you have less control over how you run your business, and your earning potential can be limited since you’re not negotiating your own rates.
Become a Home-Based Franchise Owner
While franchises usually require a substantial startup fee, they can be a low-risk and lucrative way to run your own business. The beautiful thing about a franchise is that all the hard work has been done for you; you pay for the franchise and fees, and you’re given a detailed roadmap on how to replicate the business exactly. But because you’re working with an established name brand, you don’t have as much flexibility in how you conduct business since you must adhere to the franchise agreement.
- Baby Bodyguards – Babyproofing Business
- Cruise Planners – Travel Planner
- Decorating Den – Interior Decorator
- Fit For Mom – Fitness Classes
- Just Between Friends – Consignment Events
- Neat Method – Organizer
- Starz Program – Children’s Fitness
For a minimal startup fee, a business-in-a-box gives you a detailed roadmap on starting and running an at-home business. With this option, you tend to have more flexibility, and you don’t have to build a team.
- Hulafrog – Online Publisher
- Kaeser & Blair – Sell Promotional Items
- KinderSigns – Baby Sign Language
- Property Appraisal Business – Estate Sale Business
- Pure Ecommerce – Dropshipping Business
- The Stork Lady – Stork Sign Rental Business
Start a Home Business From Scratch
If you’re up for the challenge, starting a business from scratch gives you the most flexibility regarding how you run your business and how much you earn. The downside is you’re doing it all on your own and figuring out the components as you go.
Here are some business ideas you can start at home:
- Bed and Breakfast
- Craft Seller
- Event Planner
- Freelance Writer
- Graphic Designer
- Home Stager
- Instagram Influencer
- Online Coaching
- Personal Concierge
- Resume Writer
- Social Media Marketer
- TikTok Creator
- Virtual Assistant
- Voice Actor
- YouTube Creator
Need more ideas? This post has 99 work-at-home ideas to get your creative juices flowing.
Need Career Training?
No matter where you’re at on your career path, we have training resources and tools, like our career and business planners, that can help you get to that next level.
See these to get started:
- Free Online Courses to Launch Your Work-at-Home Career
- As a Parent, Should I Go Back to School?
- Best Blogging Courses to Supercharge Your Blog’s Income
- Printable Career, Business, and Blogging Planners and Templates
Even though are more remote jobs than ever before, you still need to watch out for work-from-home scams. FlexJobs estimates that there are approximately 60-70 scams for every one legitimate work-from-home job. So, be sure to research companies using the Better Business Bureau and Glassdoor.com. You should also track what jobs you apply for so that when an unsolicited job offer lands in your inbox, you know to ignore it.
So what’s the best work-from-home opportunity for 2022? That’s for you to decide! There is no one-size-fits-all career solution for choosing a work-at-home opportunity, but I think each one of these is a good option.
Now that I’ve shared my take on the best work-from-home jobs for 2022 – I want to know what you think! Leave a comment and let me know.
Originally published December 22, 2016. Content updated December 2021.