For those of you who have kiddos, you know that daytime hours are often packed with diaper changes, storytimes, school activities, sports, and the like.
With so few hours in the day (even with naptime and school schedules), squeezing in the time to earn money can be a bit of a challenge.
Thankfully, with work-from-home opportunities at an all-time high, you can easily take advantage of earning money when the kids are asleep – all from the comfort of home!
Grab your PJs, a cup of cocoa (or your beverage of choice), pull up a seat, and start making cash! We have your jumpstart right here with this list of seven remote night shift jobs you can do when the kids are catching some zzz’s.
Remote Night Shift Jobs
1. Fancy Hands
Do you love the idea of working as a virtual assistant but hate the thought of having to track down potential clients? Working for an agency like Fancy Hands makes it easy to grab virtual assistant work as the kids head off to bed. Interested? Here’s the low down on Fancy Hands:
What you’ll need to have:
- Stable and fast internet connection
- Web-savvy (good internet research skills)
- AMAZING communication skills
The types of tasks you’ll perform:
- Making phone calls on behalf of others
- Scheduling appointments – business and personal
- Researching the best price on something
- Finding hotels
- Data entry
Fancy Hands offers an excellent opportunity for individuals who are just starting their work-from-home journey and for those looking to make some extra cash at night.
2. Rev Transcription Jobs
If you have strong English skills, a reliable computer, and a good internet connection, then transcription work is the remote job for you! As a Rev transcriptionist, you’ll listen to a variety of audio files from and then convert them into text.
Here’s a little more about this flexible work from home night position:
- Start working immediately after taking a grammar quiz and submitting a transcript sample
- Freedom to select the types of jobs you want to transcribe
- Work as much or as little as you would like
- Get paid WEEKLY via PayPal
As a Rev freelancer, you can also choose between transcription and closed captioning work. Here’s the difference between the two:
Transcription: Pay Range: $0.24-$0.90 | Per audio/video minute
- Listen to audio and video
- Accurately type what is being said
- Label speakers
Captioner: Range of Pay: $0.45-$0.75 | Per audio/video minute
- Watch video
- Accurately type what is being said
- Creatively convey sounds
- Sync typed audio with video
The flexibility of transcription work makes Rev one of those remote positions that can easily change as your kid’s schedules change. If you decide to switch into working some daytime hours, you can do that too!
Clickworker hires independent contractors to complete projects for other companies. As a freelancer with Clickworker, you’ll get to choose from a wide variety of projects that businesses need to be completed.
Here are just a few examples of projects you’ll get paid to complete as an independent contractor with Clickworker:
- App testing
- Text creation
- Mystery shopping
- Photo capturing
Below is additional info about Clickworker:
- Sign up online
- Flexible schedule – you can work at night
- Must have a computer or mobile device with an internet connection
- Work as a freelancer and decide how much or how little work you want
Clickworker is always hiring contractors, and with so many options to choose from, you’ll can easily decide what works for you.
Do you have a flair for conversation? Want to get paid to talk to others? Cambly provides a fantastic remote night shift opportunity for those who love to talk and want to get paid to do so.
Cambly is an online English teaching and tutoring service that connects you with students studying English as a second language. Here’s a little more about this opportunity:
- Cambly uses its own video platform. You can chat from your laptop, desktop, or even the Cambly app.
- You must be a native English speaker, which means you need to be able to communicate and hold a conversation easily with others.
- You must have a home computer with the ability to talk via webcam, which means you’ll also need a computer with a microphone and a reliable high-speed internet connection.
Some of the many benefits of working with Cambly are:
- Setting your hours
- Pay rate: $0.17 US per minute ($10.20/hour)
- Get paid every week via Paypal (minimum of $20 needed in your account)
5. Advanis: Remote Telephone Research Interviewer
Advanis is a privately owned, Canadian-based market and policy research company that completes surveys for companies looking for marketing and other data.
This remote night position is specific with hours, and there is no set hourly wage advertised with the job position.
Here’s some additional information you’ll want to know before applying to Advanis:
- Hours are specific: Monday through Friday, 3-10 p.m. and Saturdays 10 a.m.-5 p.m. MST
- Training is paid
- You must have a good command of the English language
- You must have excellent customer service skills
- A typing speed of 30 WPM is required
- You’ll need a computer with high-speed internet, a corded headset with a noise-canceling microphone, and a landline — no cell phone allowed
LiveOps helps companies find independent contractors for virtual projects. The industries you might work with are retail, healthcare, roadside assistance, non-licensed insurance, and tax support.
As a call center representative, you’ll be able to choose when and where to provide services.
As of right now, there are four types of jobs available with LiveOps, including night and weekend positions, which is perfect for when the kiddos are in bed.
There are a few steps you must complete during the application process with LiveOps:
- LiveOps is available in most states, but be sure to check their online map to ensure your state is on the list
- Complete an application
- Pay for a background and credit check — will cost around $45
Live Ops is looking for contractors who have:
- Experience handling inbound and outbound calls
- Minimum of one year of customer service experience
- Computer skills including navigating multiple tabs, windows, and systems
- Basic typing skills
Love to teach but don’t love the hours of a traditional teaching job or the lesson planning? VIPKID offers the solution to both of these teaching deterrents, all while offering the evening hours you want to work!
VIPKID is an international company that hires individuals to teach English to Chinese students ranging in age between 4 and 12.
Essentially, you’ll become an ESL tutor (English as a Second Language), and VIPKID provides you with all the necessary tools you need to succeed. Here’s a little more information about this opportunity:
- Set your schedule
- Meet and connect with different cultures
- Earn $14-$22 per hour
To become a contractor with VIPKID, you must have a Bachelor’s Degree and experience with children.
Other Ways to Find Remote Nighttime Work
FlexJobs is a great place to start your remote night job search. This online platform has a mixture of flexible job opportunities from night shift to fully remote and hybrid positions (work hours are split between office and home). Being specific in your search on FlexJobs is important as it will allow you to find the perfect night shift jobs on the platform quickly.
If you’ve been thinking about making money from home but struggle with time constraints and just wanting to be with your kiddos, then these remote positions are for you! There are numerous virtual night shift jobs you can do when the kids are in bed and you have a little extra time.
The best part about these jobs? They’re fun, AND you can work as much or as little as you want. You also have the freedom to double up on these job opportunities and increase your earning potential. The flexibility to navigate the type of work you want and when you want are what makes these positions invaluable!
Are you in a remote night shift position that you love? We would love to know more! Have questions about working remotely? Drop us a line below; we would love to help!