Every year, without fail, the holidays seem to find a way of sneaking up us. It’s not that we’re unaware of the passage of time, it just seems to fly by faster than any of us would like. The only thing faster (and scarier) than the spinning holiday clock is the amount of cash flying from our wallets.
Earning enough money to cover the vast array of holiday expenses can be an especially daunting task. That’s why we’ve found the answer for holiday cash-flow tension with five side hustles sure to curb that sense of wallet crunching fear this holiday season.
Are you ready to hustle?
Check out these five fantastic side hustles for earning Christmas cash.
Do you like sharing your opinion? How about posting your opinion and earning money at the same time? Sounds amazing, right? Online surveys have become a popular, simple side hustle for many women who are balancing everything from full households to other jobs.
Businesses today thrive on consumer opinions like yours, and with so many companies creating and producing, the need for open, honest opinions is not going away any time soon.
One such company that rewards its members on a variety of levels is Swagbucks. Swagbucks is a rewards program that gives members gift cards and cash via a point system for shopping at favorite retailers, searching the web, and, of course, answering surveys. As points accumulate, you can convert them into gift cards for your favorite spots like Amazon, or Walmart. You can even get cash back from PayPal. Consider your holiday shopping done!
If you’re serious earning extra Christmas cash, don’t settle for one survey company; join a few.
Here are some great sites you can take for a test drive:
- InboxDollars allows you to earn money every day for completing simple tasks, such as filling out surveys, answering emails, or simply watching TV.
- FusionCash offers multiple ways to earn money, surveys included. Grab a $5 sign up bonus just for signing up!
- Respondent matches you with surveys based on your profile. Survey pay typically ranges from $20 to more than $100. Not bad for 40 minutes out of your day!
2. Fall Cleaning? Perfect for Falling into Some Christmas Cash!
Spring isn’t the only time of year that you can clean up and cash in. Fall is the perfect time to clean out those unused items and turn them into extra money.
Online marketplaces and apps are by far one of my favorite side hustles for earning holiday cash. Besides being incredibly user-friendly, these sites are brimming with a lot of earning potential. As a bonus: Decluttering feels good too!
Ready to clean up and cash in? Here are some of my favorite “go to” sites for selling:
- Gazelle is an online platform for buying and selling used smartphones, tablets, and electronic devices. Do you have any extras lying around? Sell them here.
- ThredUp is a huge online thrift and consignment store with an amazingly simple selling concept. Here’s how it works: ThredUp sends you a bag, fill up it up with your clothes, send it off (the bag is prepaid), and ThredUp contacts you with how much they will give you. It’s that simple!
- eBay is for anything and everything you find in your house. Easy to use, and you get broad exposure from people looking for items like yours. eBay takes a small percentage of your sale, but it’s worth it when you’re cashing in.
- OfferUp is a must-have app for your smartphone. With zero selling fees and a simple process, it’s going to be a quick favorite. Here’s how it works: Take pictures and upload right from your phone, type in a quick description of your item, decide if you want to sell your item locally or you are willing to ship it and sell!
Looking for other ideas on how you can turn your household items into holiday cash? Check out these articles:
3. SUV Side Hustle? Earn Holiday Cash with your Car
With the popularity of both Uber and Lyft on the rise, the chances are good that you or someone you know has utilized these services more than once.
The upcoming holidays mark one of the busiest travel seasons of the year, and you can bet that individuals are going to need drivers for a variety of holiday events. From train stations to airports to holiday parties and gatherings, you can make some serious cash during the holiday rush this season!
You can choose from driving individuals to their destinations or delivering food to a holiday party.
Below are some of the best companies we’ve found:
4. Freelance Your Way to Holiday Cash!
The freelancing world has never been better for writers and designers alike. With many companies hiring for individuals to write on their blogs, create product reviews, design pins, websites, and more, the possibilities are endless. Here are some great platforms to get you started:
5. Grab Cash Back for Your Holiday Spending
I will start by saying I’m an absolute lover of coupons. I’m that annoying girl in the checkout area who desperately searches for “that coupon” I know I had before getting in line with restless little ones. Here are my favorite places to earn cash back online:
- Ebates is one of my favorite spots to get cash back and score coupons. I have earned almost $200 in cash from Ebates for simply doing what I always do: Shop online! In addition to cash back, Ebates features a ton of coupons and various deals. Even if you don’t shop online, you can connect your debit or credit card to Ebates so you can continue to score big at your favorite brick and mortar stores. Win-win!
- Ibotta works by helping you earn cash from the products you already buy. You can send a receipt over for review, link your loyalty card, or complete mobile in-app purchases. It’s simple and a great side hustle that will earn you even more cash for the holidays.
Side hustles are flexible, fun and will provide some needed cushion to your credit cards so you’re not feeling the holiday cheer well into the New Year. Fire up your first side hustle and earn some Christmas coin this season!
You’ll Also Love These Posts:
Studies have shown if you like this blog post — you will also love the following articles.
- Benefits of Pursuing A Side Hustle (And 6 Easy Side Hustles You Can Start Today)
- Refer Your Friends and Earn Money with Referral Links
- How to Get Paid to Shop For Others
Courtney Stich is a stay-at-home mama, and prior educator turned writer, blogger, and Pinterest VA fanatic! She loves everything to do with creating and crafting with her kiddos as well as designing and planning parties! She's the proud founder/creator/developer of the site, The Running Mama — a website dedicated to helping mamas with everything from playtime with the kiddos to downtime for the mama, (all rolled up with a little bit of running here and there). She is a mama to three beautiful kiddos and a wife to one amazingly supportive, loving hubby. She loves everything about being seaside, most things chocolate, and a vase, (or five), filled with sunflowers.
This page includes affiliate links. Please be aware we only promote advertising from companies that we feel we can legitimately recommend to our readers. Please see our disclosure policy for further information.